Great Book: "As Good as Gold"

on Friday, June 4, 2010

As Good As Gold by Kathryn Bertine

As Good as Gold is a great true story about Kathryn's two year journey to make it to the Olympics. Kathyn is a 30 year old athlete with modest athletic talents when ESPN contacts her with a challenge, EPSN will pay for her training and expenses if she dedicates the next two years to making it to the Olympics. Kathryn tries a whole host of sports including Modern Pentathalon, team Handball, and cycling. This is a quick read that is sure to entertain and inspire. I know I got on my bike just after reading this book for what would be for Kathryn a short 20 mile ride, but for me was the longest I had biked!

As Good as Gold is available at the Chicopee Public Library in the New Non-Fiction area: 796 BERTINE.

0 comments: